Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Proud owner of a new old car!

I am now the proud owner of my very own, all mine, new old truck! Giggling is allowed since most everyone pokes fun at my giant truck that hardly fits into ANY space, let alone university size spaces. I downgraded from a very big white truck, to a smaller, but still quite large white truck. I wanted a small car to fit into University size parking spaces, but my Uncle, who is a very nice man and loves me more than I deserve, saw fit to give me his baby, Bartholemew, the 1995 white Chevy half ton pick up truck. And did I mention he gave it to me for free? Yup. Hence why I gratefully accepted it. While it may be a tad old school on the outside, the inside looks exactly like it did when Bart rolled off the showroom floor. Perfect interior. It's quite lovely! As you can see, Bart is quite a bit smaller than my other truck. I just had not ever noticed  just HOW big my first truck was. I will admit, when I got Bart home, and started to clean out the other truck, I almost burst into tears. I felt awful for what I had done. Replacing a beautiful, good to me, really superb truck. But things change, and my father wants his back. So I willingly obliged. But now I own something! I feel as though I am growing up. Let's just not rush anything else, shall we?
My new crankset! Isn't it beautiful? I am also getting my new bike seat in the next week or so! I am very excited! I've been waiting months to get it, the Soma Ensho black glitter saddle! Ooo! I also put on new handlebar tape, and hopefully soon I will take the whole thing apart and get it painted. I'm tired of all that BCA stuff on my old paint job. 



Cartel Coffee Lab. I must represent!
Spoke card from my first race, Kill Mill Volume 3!
And of course, cute little Domino. I tried to pick up the camera to upload these photos and was met with this at the other end of the hand strap :) 


No comments: